The Mountain Regional Library System is a great place to work!! In order to submit a complete employment packet, please fill out the MRLS Employment Application and use the uploader to send your other necessary documentation. After receiving all of the required documents, someone from our offices will be in touch soon.
General Housekeeper – Updated 1/18/2022
Schedule: 24 hour/week position
Benefits included: Access to Teachers Retirement (TRS), Annual and Sick Leave Benefits, Dental Insurance and more
Deadline: Open until Filled
Mountain Regional Library System is looking for a part-time (18 hour/week) General Housekeeper
Position Summary: This position is to perform general housekeeping/custodian and light maintenance work in the care of the MRLS library buildings. This position also performs recurring tasks in accordance with established practices and cleaning schedules.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums floor surfaces; spot cleans carpeted areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes restroom areas, fixtures, and water fountains; replenishes paper supplies and soap.
- Cleans windows, walls, blinds and light fixtures; dust desks, ledges, windowsills, and other fixtures.
- Empties trash receptacles and deposits collected refuse in proper receptacles.
- Cleans parking lot as needed.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs additional tasks as directed.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, staff and the public.
- This is not an exhaustive list of all necessary skills and abilities
Requirements & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience in cleaning and building maintenance – preferred
- Background Check