The Mountain Regional Library System is a great place to work!!
In order to submit a complete employment packet, please fill out the MRLS Employment Application and use the uploader to send your other necessary documentation. After we receive all of the required documents, someone from our offices will be in touch soon.
Location: Mountain Regional Library System- Young Harris, GA
Starting Rate: $13.25/hour
Schedule: 18 hour/week position
Benefits: Access to Dental Insurance and more
Start Date: March 1, 2023
Application Deadline: February 14, 2023
Mountain Regional Library System is looking for an ideal person to be a part-time (18 hour/week) Finance Assistant. If you are interested, please apply to join our team.
Position Summary: This position is central to the day to day happenings of the library system. This position performs general library finance and bookkeeping transactions and provides administrative support for the Assistant Library Director and other members of the Administrative Team. This position also plays a key role in providing information to the board of trustees and ensuring the timeliness of financial transactions are being carried out.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prepares payroll for the Library staff and prepares payroll-related reports.
- Attains accounts payable invoice approvals, assigning appropriate expense account numbers
- Assigns and posts ledger entries into the accounting system,
- Produces checks, obtaining check approval signatures, distributing/mailing checks, and organizing paid invoices.
- Reconciles cash revenues and receipts
- Deposits cash and all other income for the library
- Completes monthly reconciliation of bank accounts: money market, checking, and investments.
- Maintains personnel records and financial files.
- This is not an exhaustive list of all necessary skills and abilities
Requirements & Education
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-year job related bookkeeping or accounting experience preferably working in an office environment
- Postsecondary Education and an understanding of GAAP guidelines are preferred
- Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
- Background Check
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Mountain Regional Library System application