People often wonder what they can do with a library card beyond books! A free library card gives you access to over:
- 300 libraries in the state of Georgia to request books and DVDs from
- thousands of e-books and e-audiobooks through our Libby app.
- E-Read Kids, you can check out e-books and e-audiobooks for kids in Pre-k to 4th grade.
- learn skills to help you with a new job through Learning Express
- a new language with the Mango app.
- check out passes for free and discounted admission to state parks, museums, and the zoo
- access Gale Legal Forms to download customizable legal forms
- help you get accessible reading materials through the GLS program.
- computers in each of branches, including ones designed for accessibility
- laptops that can be checked out
Libraries are more than just books; let us show you what Mountain Regional Library System can do for you.
All new card sign ups during the month of April will be entered into a drawing for a prize.
And what do you NOT need a library card for:
- book a community room for your meetings
- access free wi-fi inside and outside of the library 24/7
- printing, copying, faxing, and notary services
- genealogy resources and a close relationship with our local historical societies
- each of our branches offer a variety of free programs. These are always posted on our events page and all of our social media.
- story times for children and provide resources to help with early literacy
- we offer book clubs, art classes, and experiences, like learning how to create your own nature journal, poetry readings, Family Bake Offs, and themed parties
- every summer we offer Summer Reading Program! If you're looking for something to do during this months, this is it. We have weekly performers, like magicians and petting zoos, challenges for all ages, prizes, and much more.
The Georgia Public Library Service and IMLS help us serve our communities with their generous funding.